The Media Ideas Lab at the AGSM is looking for cinema and media art instructors from Brandon and Southwestern Manitoba for its upcoming professional development workshops series, launching in spring 2019.
Instructor positions are contracted on a per-workshop basis.
Core workshops will be introductory-level, while creative, specialty and development workshops will be tailored to instructor abilities and programming need.
Areas include, but are not limited to:
– Technical (camera, lights, digital editing, audio, etc)
– Specialty (analogue film, animation, Unity, etc.)
– Creative (directing, scriptwriting, documentary treatment development, interactive story development, etc.)
– Development (producing, production planning, grant writing, etc.)
– Artist marketing + distribution (artist websites, submitting to galleries, DIY distribution, etc.)
Individuals interested in becoming an AGSM cinema or media art instructor are requested to contact Manitoba Digital Initiatives Manager Cecilia Araneda at cecilia[at]agsm.ca with information on area(s) of specialization, and résumé and/or portfolio, if relevant.
Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Committed to sector equity, the Media Ideas Lab encourages submissions from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Photo: Manitoba filmmaker Danishka Esterhazy.
Photo Credit: Rebecca Sandulak.